Monday, February 3, 2020

Home Work for the Thursday night English 4 class.. this is due this Thursday....Feb 6

1. You need to get the book "The End of Ice."

 We have several things we are doing in regards to the book. 

There is a quote by Wendell Berry at the start of the book. In a paragraph or so, please explain what you think the quote means?

Please read the Introduction, and Chapters 1,2,3  (pages 1 to 73.)
For the Introduction,  and Chapter 1 please answer this question: Why does the author start with the story of almost dying in the glacier?
For Chapter 2  please answer these 2 questions: What does the title of the chapter mean? What is the problem with "Time becoming unfrozen."
For Chapter 3 please answer these 2 questions: What does the title of the chapter mean?​ In this chapter, what IS the 'canary'?

For each question  above you should do a paragraph of writing.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the homework. I honestly tried to make it from your website but perhaps I am a little dumb so I didn't do it well. English is not my mother tongue you know, I am an immigrant. So do you give paid lessons? I might come to your courses which seems better. I don't have too much money but I can take a loan https://cashcat.ph/blog/eastwest-bank-review-personal-loans-and-other-offers/ or if you don't give such lessons I will just be visiting your blog and try again.

    ReplyDelete